Master's degree in Sustainability or Environmental Sciences. A Ph.D. in related fields is a plus.
15 to 20 years of experience in sustainability and environmental sciences or related fields, with not less than 5 years in a supervisory role.
Good knowledge of sustainability principles, practices, and regulations.
Strong project management skills and experience leading cross-functional teams.
Sustainability and/or Environmental Sciences experience within the education sector would be a major plus.
Advanced certifications in sustainability are preferred, if available.
The Chief Sustainability Officer is responsible for leading and implementing the Institution’s sustainability strategy, promoting a culture of sustainability across all departments, and ensuring the Institution’s long-term environmental and social impact.
Her/His main responsibilities are:
- Leading and coordinating efforts between institution entities to establish, develop and implement a sustainability strategy with related policies, aligned with the Institution's goals and objectives.
- Working closely with relevant Institution entities to spearhead sustainability initiatives and help achieve the Institution’s sustainability goals.
- Developing digital media and other effective communication channels to enhance the reputation of the Institution in both academic and non-academic circles.
- Monitors and reports on sustainability performance, including Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) metrics, goals, and targets.
- Stays current on sustainability best practices, trends, and regulations ideally in the Education sector and provides recommendations.
- Provides guidance and training to students, faculty, and staff on sustainability best practices and promotes a culture of sustainability throughout the Institution.
- Identifies, solicits, and cultivates community partnerships and collaborations to assist in the development and growth of the sustainability program.
- Assists in identifying and evaluating potential future funding sources and contributes to the submission of grants and contracts supporting the program.
Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills. Strategic thinker. Good managerial Skills. Good project management skills. Advanced communication skills. Good interpersonal and reporting skills. Well informed about green technologies.
Fluency in English, both in writing and verbally.
Interested candidates to email their CVs with a Letter of Interest outlining their relevant experience and apply in Strict Confidentiality to the attention of Mrs. Zahr: email@example.com