University degree in Law from a reputable university. Masters degree is a major plus
Min. 10 to 15 years of experience as an Independent lawyer in a well- established law firm or as a Senior In-house lawyer in a large local or regional company, Group or Bank.
Excellent knowledge and understanding of corporate law and procedures
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Serves as a trusted strategy and legal advisor to top management
- Ensures that the required Corporate Governance mechanisms and internal controls are set forth at the group’s level to maintain balance between ownership and management;
- Advises on Corporate Matters
- Optimizes the Group’s legal structure in the purpose of ensuring continuity of the business and proper succession planning;
- Advises on and oversee compliance to ensure strategic support to enable business while protecting the group’s assets and reputation;
- Advises on and balance legal risk and opportunity
- Advises and/or reviews all agreements between the group, third parties to ensure that the group’s interest is protected, and the best commercial position maintained;
- Provides internal legal advisory services on legal matters to ensure that the corporate activities are in line with applicable laws;
- Provides legal advice on potential liability in order to take necessary steps to control the group’s exposure;
- Contributes to formulate and develop legal strategy, plans and budget for the legal department and to ensure the implementation and adherence of legal policy guidelines;
- Following up on litigations, if any;
- Manages external lawyers
Effective Communication. Adaptable and Flexible. Good Teamwork. Problem Solver. Team Leadership Skills. Strategic Thinker. Good organizational skills
Fluent in English and Arabic. French is a plus. Good knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Interested candidates to email their CVs in Strict Confidentiality to Ms. Nathalie: firstname.lastname@example.org